I remember how Krishna would always be up for exploring Seattle. We once had a conversation about how all I knew around Seattle were restaurants, and bars. That day, a few minutes after he went back home, he sent me his list of favorite things to do in Seattle. The last one we went to together was to the Pier 66 cruise terminal. We were driving back from a lunch and he suddenly parked on Alaskan Way and said one of the spots on the list is right here. It’s my fondest memory of how he made a regular day unforgettable.
From: Krishna Venkatesh
Date: Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Here’s my random list of touristy things to see in Seattle, in no particular order.
– kerry park, olympic sculpture park, international district
– volunteer park / conservatory / asian art museum, interlaken park, washington park / marsh island
– pike place market / post alley, seattle public library, pioneer square, alki beach, gasworks park / lake union
– fremont / sunday market, ballard locks
– REI flagship store, cal anderson park
– Boeing tour
– UW campus / Mt. Rainier overlook, Ballard, Capitol Hill Pike/Pine area
– Medina beach, Union Bay Natural Area / UW Botanical Garden
– Madison Valley, Lake Washington views from Colman Park / I-90 park
– Bellevue Botanical Garden
– Pier 66 / waterfront